Thursday, June 6, 2013

Truly Soap Free Shampoo


I've attempted going no-poo before, but the apple-cider vinegar and baking soda route always left my head sore and my hair oily. I never seemed to be able to get the formula right despite the tweeking. So I had given up for a while, until I was gifted this recipe from a lady who works in the wellness department of my local co-op.  She said it can be used as a shampoo and a gel if needed. The best thing is there is NO SOAP of any kind in it.

SIGN ME UP!

I am still in the transitioning phase from using shampoo to this, but my kids hair is already fantastic. It is soft, shiny and just so nice.




Basic Soap Free Shampoo

- 1 cup flaxseeds
- 4 cups distilled water
- 1 wedge of orange and lemon

- Place into a non-reactive pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally so the seeds don't stick to the bottom.
- Strain out seeds and citrus wedges. Pour into a shampoo bottle.

This formula doesn't create the magnificent suds you are used to. It may only make a little bit if any. You can tell by how your hair feels where it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment